1. Do I need to submit a plan?
A: Yes. Please refer to the Building Applications section for more information
2. Where do I find out what the building lines are for my property?
A: Please contact Town Planning: 044 606 6290
3. How long does it take to get my plan approved?
A: Please refer to this information notice detailing the process. According to the National Building Regulations, the local authority must respond to a
building plan application within 30 days (for plans of up to 500m²). We do this by either sending a Request for additional information or the
Approval letter. Please contact your architectural professional if you have not heard from us directly.
1. How do I attach a document to a message?
A: You can’t. The message serves as a prompt to remove the existing document and upload a revised version or upload additional
2. How do I upload revised drawings or documents?
A: First remove/delete the old version of the document by clicking on the action button. The document that was removed is now required for uploaded
again under Outstanding Documents.
3. I can not register with my company email address.
A: Only one user can register using a single email address. If there are various users making use of 1 address, different people can log into the same
account (with the same email & same password).
4. Why won’t my selection of the drop-down menu (data source) pull into the application?
A: Once you have selected the item from a data source, you have to click submit in order for the choice to register.
5. Why are there multiple documents with the same name after I’ve uploaded my documents?
A: Because you have uploaded more than 1 PDF file. Every document required should be uploaded in 1 complete PDF file. If revisions are required,
remove the entire file and upload a complete new set. You can use these easy apps to manage your PDF’s:
6. How do I get the Home Owners Association approval onto my plans?
A: Please refer to this information notice. The municipality has consented that plans can be submitted without HOA approval initially and be
approved/stamped once all other requirements have been met. We have however asked all HOA’s to consider switching to an electronic approval
system (as some have already done) to accommodate electronic Building Plan Applications.