All necessary documentation can be found here for download or on the Portal.
Please refer to these Notices for further information on what is required for submissions.
At Mossel Bay Municipality, and in line with article 13 of the National Building Regulations and Standards Act, no. 103 of 1977, a building application is required for the erection of any structure, including those listed as Minor Building Works.
The reason for the submission is to confirm
- that the proposed structure does indeed comply with the definition of Minor Building Works – please refer to this information notice for a detailed list;
- the size and building method/materials, in order to advise the owner when/where necessary;
- that the structure is within the building line, as prescribed in the Zoning Scheme, or whether a building line relaxation is required;
- that no municipal services or infrastructure is affected;
- that all relevant safety issues are addressed (eg. swimming pools);
- that no transgressions are committed in terms of any other by-law.
The application for Minor Building Works, however, requires only a site plan, possible elevation and/or section (all on A3 size) and the Minor Works application form. The site plan must indicate
- the erf boundary lines and erf number;
- building lines;
- position and size of the proposed structure; and
- clear, concise description of the proposed structure and its use/occupation.
It remains the decision of the Building Control Officer whether further information or appointments are required.
Demolition applications can be submitted at the Building Control information desk only. The Application form will also serve as a guide to the requirements.